David Schmitt, Eric Armenta and Tommy Cooperman, who are better known as Breathe Carolina have definitely made a name for themselves in the dance music scene these past years. The guys have always impressed their fans with their out of this world performances, as well as with their music, having already released tracks on massive labels such as Armada, Spinnin’ Records and more.
Back in September, they dropped a brand new EP, entitled “Sleepless“, which was very well received by the fans and a few weeks ago, they amazed once again with their latest single “Echo”, for which they teamed up with a mysterious new producer by the name of IZII.
The tune showcases wistful, impassioned vocals alongside a chilled-out bassline that is slightly reminiscent of an Odesza production. Regardless of genre preference, listeners around the world will be nostalgic for that failed love that never quite fades away with this gem of a track. We’ve recently had the chance to chat a little bit with the guys, so make sure to check out our exclusive interview below!
1) Hey, guys. Where does EDM Nations find you today?
We are currently in the air flying into San Francisco for our show tonight at Temple!
2) So, let’s start. Tell us: how is it working together? Do you always get along?
Ya for the most part we always get along. Sometimes, we butt heads but that’s just life with multiple creative people in a group.
3) Give us more details about your brand new track „Echo”. What was the inspiration behind this tune and how long have you been working on it?
We had gotten the vocal for Echo, and we were blown away by it! It really was one of those lyrics/melodies that spoke to us in a way that no song has in a really long time.
4) Typically, how long does it take you to make and perfect a track until you’re ready to release it?
It’s hard to say. We have some songs that connect with in a few hours. On the other hand we also have tracks that have taken months. The hardest part about a track for us is taking it from 80% finished to the final 100%. Getting it just right, you know? All in All though I would say that we are pretty good at getting material out quickly. No one wants to sit around and wait for a track they worked hard on to take forever coming out.
5) Seeing that you’ve performed in a lot of cool places around the world, what is the craziest thing you’ve seen a fan do for you at one of your shows?
We had a show where some fans rushed the barricade and took it down. The club got so worried that the police has to shut the show down, haha!
6) Now, on a more general note, I suppose you guys set yourselves goals and targets, just like anyone does. What is the most important one for you at the moment?
Right now, the most important thing to us is that we just want our music and our show to connect with as many people as possible.
7) With 2016 being almost over, can you guys tell us what was one of the happiest moments for you this year?
Honestly, just meeting all the people who support us and seeing so many people coming out to the shows and festivals and getting to connect with them!
8) Do you have anything else that you’re excited about and want to share with our readers?
We are really stoked about all the music we have coming out in 2017. There is so much planned! We have tons of new releases and shows/festivals that we are just waiting for the go ahead to announce.
9) Thank you for answering our questions.
Thank you for having and supporting us!